AceUp is seeking an experienced, innovative, insightful, and collaborative Director of People Analytics who has demonstrated success in conducting workplace research and designing and developing assessments.
This role will take the lead in maintaining the integrity of our existing assessments and the development of new ones. The Director of people analytics will lead projects in research, data science, psychometrics, product innovation, coach education, thought leadership, and new product testing. They will work both independently and collaboratively to bring new ideas to market, making critical contributions to the AceUp mission to empower professionals to maximize their impact through transformational coaching, enabled by technology, backed by data.
Who we are
AceUp deploys executive leadership one-on-one, group, and peer coaching at scale within organizations that want to help their employees unleash their maximum potential. Our customers include fast growing mid-market and large enterprises that are looking for the most effective ways to grow their leaders and prepare their workforce for the shifting professional landscape.
We are a startup full of passionate, dedicated, and supportive individuals that believe in helping each other achieve our maximum potential. We are extremely proud to have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces of 2020 for the work we are doing and actively building a team of highly talented people who each bring their own strengths, skills, and perspectives to our fast-growing company.
Who you are
You are a professional who has experience independently designing and producing products such as surveys or psychometric tests within a scaling software environment. You are comfortable with qualitative and quantitative analysis and have deep expertise in behavioral assessment tools, with certification in at least one assessment tool. You enjoy working as part of a product team to improve design and user experience. You have outstanding communication skills and are highly organized and accountable. You have experience managing a team.
What you will do
- Own designing, implementing, analyzing, and improving surveys/assessments that are based on AceUp’s Competency Framework and administered throughout the coachee lifecycle (candidate, onboarding, growth, engagement, 360, inclusion, exit)
- Develop new assessments and/or products, including item writing, field-testing, data analysis, and reporting
- Gather and present data to provide quick, actionable, and indispensable insights to clients
- Serve as an expert scientific and data advisor across all teams
- Put psychometric skills to use in the development of new assessments and maintenance of existing assessments
- Translate advanced technical concepts into compelling stories that drive measurable change for our internal and external stakeholders
- Create and edit both technical and client-facing documentation, videos, and other learning tools
- Conduct research on trending topics using both well-established and cutting-edge statistical techniques
- Lead criterion-validation studies, from project management to results presentation
- Collaborate with internal AceUp Teams, Advisory Boards, Coaches, and Clients
- Strong data analytic and statistics skills, including expertise in at least one statistical package
- Experience designing, implementing, and analyzing surveys throughout the employee lifecycle (candidate, onboarding, engagement, inclusion, exit) and/or 360-type feedback processes
- Experience working with 360 tools and administering behavioral-based surveys
- Experience designing, implementing, and assessing workforce science topics such as goal setting, aligning assessment methods to competency models, advice on calibration best practices
- Extensive experience in the fields of industrial-organizational psychology, Organizational development organizational behavior, data science, or anything involving working with significant data, statistics, and psychometrics. (Master’s / PhD a plus)
- Track record of creating, building, or implementing new products
- Creativity and expert ability to communicate new ideas
- Ability to operate at the intersection of fast pace and high quality
- Strong presentation skills especially when explaining data and connecting it to potential actions or reinforcing reasons for changing long-standing processes
- Proficiency in the usual software tools (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, Google docs) as well as a willingness to learn and work with new technology systems
- Ability to translate data into insights for a non-technical audience
- Thought leadership through blogs, papers, and presentations a plus
- Experience in test development, organizational research, SQL, Python, and/or more advanced methodology such as machine learning and structural equation modeling a plus
- Previous experience with fast-paced startup environments preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exemplifies integrity, compassion, and drive for excellence
- Full-time position working from our office in Downtown Boston, COVID policy applies, Remotely options provided
What we offer
- Salary range $90K to $140K based on experience
- 4 weeks of PTO + 12 office holidays
- Comprehensive Health benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company-sponsored one-on-one executive coaching
- Additional $5,000 Learning and Development budget
- An exciting and positive work environment where you are encouraged to develop and thrive
AceUp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.