As a Frontend Developer, you will be a driving force in the team’s web development efforts: prototyping and implementing new capabilities into the platform with an agile and growing engineering team. You will work closely with the Engineering and Product Team in defining specs and you will be instrumental in delivering value to our clients, our internal team, and our coaches.
Who we are
AceUp deploys one-on-one executive coaching in businesses that want to help their employees achieve their maximum impact. AceUp is able to do this through a tech-enabled platform that is scalable, measurable, and impactful.
Our customers include fast growing businesses of all shapes and sizes that are looking for the most effective ways to develop their leaders and prepare their workforce for the shifting professional landscape.
We are a startup full of passionate, dedicated, and supportive individuals that believe in helping each other achieve our maximum potential. We are extremely proud to have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces of 2020 for the work we are doing and actively building a team of highly talented people who each bring their own strengths, skills, and perspectives to our fast-growing company.
What you will do
- Work with engineers, designers and operations team to develop our primary client-side web application
- Work closely with the UX/UI resources to turn wireframes and visual designs into compelling user-facing products
- Make use of REST and WebSockets to interact with other backend services
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Prototype and develop new ideas and participate in all parts of the product life cycle
- Provide support and mentorship to new members in the team
- Solid understanding of HTML5/CSS3 web technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot & maintain and refactor legacy code
- Competent with git, npm, yarn and command line
- Empathetic and user-focused: you care deeply about the product experience, you understand users’ motivations and frustrations, and you genuinely want to help them
- Appreciation for a collaborative, test-driven environment
- Have a proactive mindset and bring ideas to the table
- Experience in React Hooks is a plus
- Experience with unit testing using libraries like jest is a plus
- Familiarity with any of the following: Rails, Postgres, and/or AWS is a plus
- A belief that integrity and respect are required in the workplace
- Full-time position working from our office in Downtown Boston
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- 4 weeks of PTO + 12 office holidays
- Health benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company-sponsored one-on-one executive coaching
- An exciting and positive work environment where you are encouraged to develop and thrive
AceUp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com