As AceUp’s Head of Finance & Procurement, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day financial operations and have oversight on all budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning and analysis activities at the organization. You will provide support and promote financial accountability among the Leadership Team and the rest of the organization. You will work directly under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, and in close collaboration with our part-time Chief Financial Officer and our accounting firm at the EXBO GROUP.
You will execute financial budgeting and reporting practices. You will be the go-to person in the company to establish and optimize the company’s financial analysis framework and procurement systems, and lead and oversee the development of for all financial-related matters and inquiries. This is a mid-level position, which requires a high level of execution abilities, with strong career growth opportunities within the organization. You must have hands-on experience in accounting, financial planning and analysis (P&L analysis, procurement systems, billing reconciliation, etc.). This position is with great potential for the right candidate.
Who we are
AceUp deploys executive leadership one-on-one, group, and peer coaching at scale within organizations that want to help their employees unleash their maximum potential. Our customers include fast growing mid-market and large enterprises that are looking for the most effective ways to grow their leaders and prepare their workforce for the shifting professional landscape.
We are a startup full of passionate, dedicated, and supportive individuals that believe in helping each other achieve our maximum potential. We are extremely proud to have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces of 2020 for the work we are doing and actively building a team of highly talented people who each bring their own strengths, skills, and perspectives to our fast-growing company.
Who you are
The ideal candidate is an experienced and motivated individual who is eager to build, lead, and scale our finance operations and team. The candidate should be highly detail-oriented and proficient with data analysis to assess performance and profitability of client accounts and unit economics, and facilitate decision making within the leadership team to improve financial outcomes. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment. Experience at a Tech/Enterprise SaaS company is preferred. Background as a Controller, FP&A, or Procurement specialist is a must.
What you will do
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day financial operations and have oversight on all billing, budgeting, planning and analysis activities at the organization.
- Ownership and hands-on involvement in all company accounting-related matters:
- Full ownership of the General Ledgers, including period-end close activities (revenue reporting, billing reconciliations, P&L review and analysis, etc.).
- Review/release weekly payroll processes and serve as a resource for related procurement and compliance matters.
- Tracking and managing Account Payables and Account Receivables.
- Overseeing P&L, Cash Flow, Balance sheet reconciliations in collaboration with our part-time CFO at the EXBO Group.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for the Leadership Team and key organizational stakeholders (Board Members, investors, etc.).
- Prepare quarterly and annual analysis of budget realized compared to budget forecasted, and overall financial performance (trends, variance, bridging analysis, etc.).
- Oversee the company’s financial reporting cycle, data accuracy, and operational commentary to enable effective decision making, ongoing strategic analysis, and performance tracking for the Leadership Team.
Leading & Planning
- Act as FP&A to develop and maintain a framework for reporting and analysis.
- Act as FP&A on operational analysis, trend projections and forecasting (quarterly) as well as the annual operating budget.
- Partner with the leadership team, and business leaders to oversee the company’s (annual/quarterly) budgeting processes, rolling forecasts, and long-term plan.
- Lead all aspects of financial planning, forecasting, reporting, revenue and expense analysis, cash management cycle, and finance business partnering.
- Develop, implement and document new accounting policies and procedures to scale within the organization.
- Support Accounting and functional leads to continually develop & execute standardized reporting and support continuous enhancement of the monthly reporting and close processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, CPA and/or Master degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in financial analysis and accounting.
- Controller or FP&A background preferred.
- Proficient with QuickBooks.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel – on both data and financial analysis, and business reporting and compliance – equally capable of bridging the gap between Excel and more robust data analysis environments.
- Thorough and current knowledge of GAAP accounting principles.
- Experience with review and preparation of financial statements; corporate, payroll and sales tax filings and requirements.
- High emotional intelligence: ability to work with internal clients and outside vendors, high customer service awareness
- Detailed oriented, strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders
- Ability to multitask, work within deadlines, iterate quickly and shift gears in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong belief that integrity and respect are required in the workplace.
- Full-time position working from our office in Downtown Boston, COVID policy applies, Remote options possible.
What we offer
- Salary range $85-125K based on experience
- 4 weeks of PTO + 12 office holidays
- Comprehensive Health benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Unlimited company-sponsored one-on-one executive coaching
- Additional $5,000 Learning and Development budget
- An exciting and positive work environment where you are encouraged to develop and thrive
AceUp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send resume and cover letter to Careers@aceup.com