AceUp is seeking an experienced, innovative, insightful and collaborative Internal Tools Engineer who has demonstrated success in working with Internal teams to design and implement technical solutions to automate and streamline existing flows. This role will report directly to AceUp’s CTO and work closely with other members of the Engineering team, Product Team and Support teams at AceUp to build tools and help troubleshoot issues that our clients/teams might face.
They will work both independently and collaboratively to bring new ideas to the internal teams, making critical contributions to the AceUp mission to empower professionals to maximize their impact through transformational coaching, enabled by technology, backed by data.
Who we are
AceUp deploys executive leadership one-on-one, group, and peer coaching at scale within organizations that want to help their employees unleash their maximum potential. Our customers include fast growing mid-market and large enterprises that are looking for the most effective ways to grow their leaders and prepare their workforce for the shifting professional landscape.
We are a startup full of passionate, dedicated, and supportive individuals that believe in helping each other achieve our maximum potential. We are extremely proud to have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces of 2020 for the work we are doing and actively building a team of highly talented people who each bring their own strengths, skills, and perspectives to our fast-growing company.
Who you are
You are passionate about collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to provide technical solutions and have the ability to develop, deploy and maintain these projects. You are a strong communicator and can collaborate with internal teams and other engineers to troubleshoot technical issues and triage and resolve bugs.
You have experience in managing a production AWS infrastructure and have a strong sense of ownership. You will play a key role in AceUp’s scalability and security plans and we are excited to have you in our team!
What you will do
- Designing and developing web-based applications for AceUp’s internal teams
- Leading products from inception to launch, and own large parts of the product’s execution
- Designing frameworks and tools that empower other developers; contribute to open source projects
- Provision, maintain and audit AWS Resources used by the engineering team
- 5+ years experience in software engineering fundamentals, test driven development and design principles (Rails preferred)
- 2+ years of professional experience with modern web technologies (React preferred)
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions. (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience establishing and maintaining AWS resources
- Proven efficiency with modern web development including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Experience building modern CI/CD systems at scale
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Experience working with Microservices
- Experience working with Consumer Facing Applications
- History of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency
- Passion for supporting power users and building developer tools
Technologies we use:
- Ruby/Rails as the backend language and framework
- React as the frontend language
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store
- Redis as our caching layer
- Babel, webpack as our build tools
- AWS as the hosting service
What we offer
- Salary range $110K to $145K based on experience
- 4 weeks of PTO + 12 office holidays
- Comprehensive Health benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision 100% covered
- Unlimited company-sponsored one-on-one executive coaching
- An exciting and positive work environment where you are encouraged to develop and thrive
- Up to $5,000/year available upon approval on Professional Development
AceUp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send resume and cover letter to Careers@aceup.com