We are searching for an experienced (post Series B/C tech company) and self-driven SVP of Marketing to join and lead our small and growing marketing team. As AceUp’s SVP of Marketing, you will be responsible for developing and implementing new marketing strategies to help grow our audience and build our brand through a strong and engaging online and offline presence. You will own strategic road mapping and executing of content plans, overseeing the strategy of digital campaigns, shaping and refining our messaging and branding and monitoring performance analytics. This position is responsible for collaborating cross-functionally with the Executive Leadership Team on all things revenue-generating as well as directing and leading every aspect of marketing functions. In this position, you will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will be working closely with the CRO and other Exec teams and leadership team.
Who we are
AceUp deploys executive leadership one-on-one, group, and peer coaching at scale within organizations that want to help their employees unleash their maximum potential. Our customers include fast growing mid-market and large enterprises that are looking for the most effective ways to grow their leaders and prepare their workforce for the shifting professional landscape.
We are a startup full of passionate, dedicated, and supportive individuals that believe in helping each other achieve our maximum potential.We are extremely proud to have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces of 2020 for the work we are doing and actively building a team of highly talented people who each bring their own strengths, skills, and perspectives to our fast-growing company.
Who you are
The ideal candidate should be a highly-driven, experienced professional with extensive experience in the Marketing space for Tech/Saas related fields, a plus if you have experience in HR Tech or Ed Tech. If you have helped a startup scale to a series B/C, we want to talk to you! To succeed in this position, you must have an in-depth understanding and knowledge of full-funnel marketing from leads to Sales engagements. You should feel comfortable leading a small team in a fast-growing environment and have experience hiring and growing a marketing department. You should be data-driven and good at using both qualitative and quantitative data for decision-making. You can lead and execute on shaping the company’s strategic marketing plans and be able to ensure that the Marketing department’s activities significantly contribute to our company’s immediate and long-term success.
What you will do
- Develop and execute a long-range strategic marketing plan to increase engagement and sales growth
- Maintain weekly measurement reporting on all digital channels and marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI, CAC, and KPIs)
- Quick learner to gain in-depth knowledge of our industry and ideal buyers, maintain industry expertise and synthesize opportunities from market and competitive trends
- Maximize consumer engagement by anticipating needs, exceeding expectations, increasing online traffic, improving conversion rate, and driving sales growth
- Serve as an internal digital marketing thought leader; helping to identify digital marketing trends, new technologies, evolving best practices, competitor activity and testing opportunities that help drive the business forward
- Form and manage strategic partnerships
- Oversee relationships with all marketing agencies and vendors to maximize growth and striving to participate in all initiatives and programs offered
- Develop engaging content strategies to enhance brand recognition
- Great online presence for hosting webinars when needed
- 8+ years of overall experience and 4+ years management experience, including success in building and scaling teams
- Have experience in post Series B/C tech companies
- Previous experience with fast-paced startup environments preferred. Experience at Ed-tech or HR-tech organizations a plus
- Deep understanding of driving leads and sales funnel
- Experience driving engagement with paid marketing traffic generated via Display Advertising, Affiliate, SEM, and Social Media
- Track record of launching new digital marketing initiatives. Substantially improved strategy (SEO, SEM, etc.), with a measurable increase in brand awareness and new customer acquisition
- Deep understanding of all social channels, established and emerging, and audience growth tactics with proven experience with creative, and relatable storytelling through social media
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience within the cloud-based marketing technology platforms including personalization, content management, data and analytics, E-Commerce, CRM, Mobile, and collaboration tools
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- Abilities to use data for decision making, and the ability to facilitate creative problem solving
- Excellent organizational and people managing skills a must, with a strong attention to detail
- Exemplifies integrity, compassion, inclusion, and drive for excellence
- Full-time position working from our office in Downtown Boston, COVID policy applies. Remote options provided
What we offer
- Total estimated OTE compensation of $200-300K
- Fix salary range of $120-$180K based on experience
- Variable compensation structure with additional bonuses based on performance
- 4 weeks of PTO + 12 office holidays
- Stock Options
- Comprehensive Health benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Unlimited company-sponsored one-on-one executive coaching
- Additional Learning and Development budget
- An exciting and positive work environment where you are encouraged to develop and thrive
AceUp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.