We are seeking an experienced and creative user interface designer to create incredible user interface experiences. You will be responsible for creating industry-leading and trend-setting clean and beautiful graphics for digital experiences on mobile platforms and the web. As AceUp’s User Interface Designer, you will report directly to the Chief Product Officer.
You will work with UXR specialists, product managers, and interaction designers to develop intuitive and engaging experiences. You will spend the majority of your time creating and following a design language at every touchpoint with the user. We are looking for an extremely detail-oriented and collaborative individual. You must also be positive, passionate and compassionate to ensure that requirements are turned into user delights. The ideal candidate will have a strong experience, be inquisitive, and iterate quickly. Creative, yet organized approach to tackling problems and creating solutions.
Who we are
AceUp deploys executive leadership one-on-one, group, and peer coaching at scale within organizations that want to help their employees unleash their maximum potential. Our customers include fast growing mid-market and large enterprises that are looking for the most effective ways to grow their leaders and prepare their workforce for the shifting professional landscape.
We are a startup full of passionate, dedicated, and supportive individuals that believe in helping each other achieve our maximum potential. We are extremely proud to have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces of 2020 for the work we are doing and actively building a team of highly talented people who each bring their own strengths, skills, and perspectives to our fast-growing company.
Who you are
The ideal candidate is experienced in the design of large-scale, complex enterprise software platforms, and comfortable leading design on projects, both as a single contributor and in collaboration with other designers. You are someone with experience working in a fast-paced agile environment. You are motivated and enthusiastic about leading the design work. Effective on deliverables and having strong ownership are important for the success of this job.
What you will do
- Create UI and visual designs for iOS, Android, and web interfaces
- Conceptualize, create, and develop new interfaces involving typography, information architecture, and visual design ranging in levels of sophistication, complexity, and/or breadth of scope, while applying knowledge of user interface principles
- Create overall concepts for the user experience within a business webpage or product, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers
- Develop, implement, and follow design practices to ensure a repeatable and high-standard experience across multiple platforms occurs
- Support and work closely with interaction designers, UX researchers and developers
- Lead and champion good design practices for source files, flowchart, and assets
- Maintain awareness of and document and report on industry trends and or platform specific requirements
- Must develop and deliver products and services that are clean and seamless as well as make users say “wow” when necessary
- Account for and track the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- Work daily in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Sketch, Anima, or After Effects to support asset creation and clean hand off to developers
- 3+ years of work experience in visual design for mobile and web interfaces
- Proven experience in UI design with a portfolio of sample projects
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, hi-fi mockups, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Adobe XD, InVision, Anima
- Highly proficient in typography, art and color theory
- Ability to cleanly organize and document design process and highly organized with file management
- Understanding of best practices including accessibility standards and human factor standards
- Ability to work independently, while escalating issues as necessary
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize data for the best possible outcome
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
- Previous experience with fast-paced startup environments preferred
- Exemplifies integrity, compassion, and drive for excellence
- Full-time position working from our office in Downtown Boston, COVID policy applies, Remote options provided (East Coast only)
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Design, user interface design, graphic design, web design or other related field
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
What we offer
- Salary range $70-85K based on experience
- 4 weeks of PTO + 12 office holidays
- Comprehensive Health benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company-sponsored one-on-one executive coaching
- An exciting and positive work environment where you are encouraged to develop and thrive
AceUp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send resume, portfolio, and cover letter to Careers@aceup.com