Director of Human Resources
AceUp is looking for a skilled and experienced Human Resources professional, with a background in recruiting, to develop and execute human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of talent acquisition and employee experience management.
You must have hands-on experience with recruiting, conducting interviews, onboarding & offboarding employees and the HR department specifically works. You should have a good understanding of the business needs and implement best practices to support, develop, and promote talents through their career journey at AceUp.
On top of day-to-day HR operations, your mission would also be focused on developing a strategic organizational structure, in order to effectively lead and scale our operations, and designing and optimizing scalable HR policies and processes.
This is a mid-level position. In order to be successful in this position, you must enjoy working with people and be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment. As AceUp’s Head of Human Resources, you will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer in the near future, and work closely with the senior leadership team.
Who We Are
AceUp deploys executive leadership one-on-one, group, and peer coaching at scale within organizations that want to help their employees unleash their maximum potential. Our customers include fast growing mid-market and large enterprises that are looking for the most effective ways to grow their leaders and prepare their workforce for the shifting professional landscape.
We are a startup full of passionate, dedicated, and supportive individuals that believe in helping each other achieve our maximum potential. We are extremely proud to have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces of 2020 for the work we are doing and actively building a team of highly talented people who each bring their own strengths, skills, and perspectives to our fast-growing company.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is someone who is experienced with not only HR processes, policies, and organizational structures, but also has a strong background and expertise in talent acquisition. To succeed in this role, the candidate must have excellent people skills, communicate effectively with employees across the organization, support effective cross-functional communication, and be highly detail-oriented and organized. The candidate should be a fast learner and highly self-motivated. The candidate should have the ability to handle difficult situations, display sound judgment, take ownership and demonstrate accountability. The candidate should be able to act as a trusted advisor/thoughtful sounding board and business partner, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues in support of the leadership team. Above all, the candidate should foster a warm and welcoming environment for our team to continuously grow and scale and achieve our mission, value, and vision.
What You Do
- Identifying your organization’s needs and working to create and implement an efficient talent acquisition strategy to improve recruitment and business performance
- Developing, managing, and maintaining a highly skilled team to assist with talent development
- Understanding workforce planning and resource forecasting by working with the resourcing team to feed into recruitment timelines
- Advising leadership teams on organizational design, critical hiring, workforce planning, employee engagement, performance coaching, talent assessment, change management, org planning, and communications to help scale the organization
- Hands-on experience for onboarding and offboarding employees, conducting existing interviews
- Develop, standardize, and continuously refine human resources policies and processes for our growing team
- Plan, launch and oversee performance management and feedback program that rewards excellence and promotes continuous learning through peer feedback
- Be the point person for all HR related operational tasks, including team bondings, employee birthdays, and other HR-related matters
- Review and maintain employee records (attendance, PEO/EEO data, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Provide feedback and assistance on platform usage, quarterly HR reports
- Enable data-driven decision-making; Ensure timely and effective HR operational excellence in the completion of HR projects and initiatives
- Foster a DEI environment and ready to assist Return to work or Covid related situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, proven experience as an HR recruiter and officer
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles within Tech/SaaS environment preferably (with a focus on HR/people management)
- Recruiting and talent acquisition experience a must
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development, etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Ability to manage confidential information and act with integrity and discretion
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, and ability to have difficult conversations
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics and reliability; Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying quality solutions
- HR Credentials preferred (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute)
- Ability to think strategically, analyze, plan, and take action with independence
- Previous experience with fast-paced startup environments preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exemplifies integrity, compassion, and drive for excellence
- Full-time position working from our office in Downtown Boston, COVID policy applies, Remote options possible
What We Offer
- Salary is competitive
- 4 weeks of PTO + 13 office holidays
- Comprehensive Health benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Company-sponsored one-on-one executive leadership coaching
- An exciting and positive work environment where you are encouraged to develop and thrive
AceUp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.